Application: Brank/Brankus/Zaetas

If you wish to join Violence Reborn on Draenor EU, please post in here.

Moderator: Council

Application: Brank/Brankus/Zaetas

Postby Brank » 13 Aug 2017 14:31

General in-game info:
Name: Brank/Brankus/Zaetas
Class: Paladin/Warrior/Demon Hunter
Level: 110
Spec: Retribution (Protection OS)/Arms/Havoc-Vengeance

WoW History/Guild History, what's your in game background?:
Started playing in February of 2005 on Aszune as Horde (launch day in fact, me and a friend ventured into the town centre, popped into our local Electronics Boutique as it was back then and thought “huh, we like Warcraft III, I wonder what this is about?”), picked the biggest, baddest thing I could (a Warrior) and joined my first guild (Gothica which then evolved into Dark Gankstarz and then PlanB) and made my first step into raiding clearing up until half way through Naxx before BC launched. I also did a lot of PvP and no lifed much to my parents dismay at that time to try and get as close to High Warlord as I could (ended up at Rank 11 before GCSE’s really started to ramp up).

With BC came the opportunity to play a Paladin (I’d always played a Paladin/Templar type of character in Dungeons & Dragons and Pathfinder-esque RP games) so rerolled and continued to progress in BC clearing Sunwell as Retribution whilst taking over as a Raid Leader within my guild before a fair few individuals quit playing due to being burnt out. This then led to a new guild, Ascension, being formed and rebuilding a raid roster which I once again took up the mantle of Raid Leader.

Moving into Wrath we cleared all content including a couple of server firsts up until the point of ICC. This was then when the core group of individuals we had raided with since Vanilla ultimately went our separate ways as individuals had gotten to the age of having to pay bills and be grown ups which led to me transferring to Draenor and faction transferring to Alliance for the first time to join a guild called Slackers.

Stayed with Slackers throughout Cataclysm and this reignited my love of WoW purely because of the atmosphere and friendly nature of the raid and social team within (killing stuff was also a bonus!). At this point I had moved in with my then girlfriend (now wife) and was in university (in Aberystwyth for any individuals from the UK who know the sleepy town by the sea on the west coast of Wales) so WoW ultimately had to take a back seat for a number of years as my focus changed.

This led me to step down and cease raiding due to the guild’s mentality for pushing progression and was fortunate to get a message on Facebook one evening from an old friend from Wrath time who wanted to get the old band back together so transferred back to Horde and we took a relaxed approach to killing bosses and clearing content as we all had engagements outside of WoW first and foremost.

Throughout Mists of Pandaria I was finishing off my degree and venturing into my first grown up job so pretty much skipped the entirety of it after Mogu’shan Vaults and Warlords of Draenor followed suit with really only doing Highmaul and a bit of Blackrock Foundry in a guild called Purple is a Fruit.

This then leads me onto the here and now, clearing Emerald Nightmare and Trials of Valor with Purple is a Fruit before getting an opportunity to go back to Alliance, this time on Silvermoon clearing Nighthold and rerolling back to my long forgotten Warrior for Tomb with The Reviled (Ret was in a horrible, horrible place and Arms was just far too good). Unfortunately the guild has recently undergone a change in leadership and focus with Mythic progression being the be all and end all of everything which was really not for myself and I’ve taken the decision to return to my second home of Draenor.

Do you know anyone in Violence Reborn?
No

WoW Goals:
To see relevant content within an atmosphere that is laid back, chilled and fun loving but also able to focus when required for progression or when the going gets tough.

Why VR? Where did you hear about us?
Just a bit of searching on the WoW forums really. I was looking for a guild of like-minded individuals that wanted to have a joke and a laugh, kill some bosses whilst also realising that sometimes real life comes first.

Alts:
Brank Retribution Paladin (Protection OS) Blacksmith/Alch
Brankus Arms Warrior Blacksmith/Alch
Zaetas Havoc/Vengeance (doesn’t really have a Main or Offspec, used to be my main tanking toon for this expansion but recently transitioned it over to DPS due to lack of tanking requirements) Demon Hunter, Herb/Alch
I do try and keep a core roster of alts up to date as best I can (either via PUGing or alt raids) to be flexible when individuals can’t make raids etc.

Raiding: what are your raid goals?:
To be clearing Normal and Heroic content within the relevant patch. Of course I’m not afraid to dabble in a Mythic boss here and there however long gone are my days of pushing progression on Mythic (and Hard Mode) bosses.

Real Life Info About You:
Name (optional): Anthony
What do you like to do when you're not playing WoW:
Massive fan of sport, mainly enjoy playing and watching football and golf with an interest in a fair bit of American sport also. I am a massive Swindon Town fan (I can see from viewing a few others profiles there’s a couple of individuals from Oxford so may cause a bit of friendly hatred mainly aimed at me due to our piss poor management of club and inability to score at Wembley). Bit of a car nut so love going out for a drive around some of the great A and B roads we have locally and a little bit further afield. Finally I’m a massive fan of music (metal/rock in the most part) so always try and get to Download every year with a fair few gigs mixed in throughout.

We use mumble, it is compulsory for raids. Are you ok with this?
Absolutely

If you find yourself in the middle of a Gang War between Swedish people and English people, which side would you join?
Well it’d have to be English people however I would want to ensure that the safety of Ikea was paramount as who doesn’t love a bit of flat packed furniture.

Tell us about yourself, this bit get's you accepted or not:
As seen before, my name’s Anthony and I’m 27. Married to a fellow individual that has applied also (Serenda). I currently work as an Accountant training to become professionally qualified whilst working in the head office of a Building Society in the UK in their Projects department which gives me a massively varied and wide ranging view on the cost element of accounting whilst managing a group of 5 individuals. I’m a laid back individual that genuinely still has a passion for the game I’ve played fairly solidly for 12 years and wanting to improve, I try not to rest on my laurels and always want to help out wherever I can if need be ultimately just looking for a place to call home! As mentioned before I do love sport and try to keep active where possible, music is a second love!
Brank
Peon
Peon

Re: Application: Brank/Brankus/Zaetas

Postby Fecker » 13 Aug 2017 16:54

Swindon eh...
Fecker
Guild Leader
Guild Leader

Re: Application: Brank/Brankus/Zaetas

Postby Brank » 13 Aug 2017 18:15

We all have our flaws ;)